I use my intensive training, intuition, and relationship with the natural world to formulate personalized herbal blends for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. Health is a journey and I serve as an intermediary between the healing properties of the natural world and the needs of my client to allow the path to begin.


Contact me at UnderRootHealing@gmail.com or 617-733-6872. I am available for one on one consultations in person or on the phone.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Food for the Heart: Rose Elixir



Tonight I just decanted a wonderful rose elixir. It's totally magical! I picked wild roses from along the beach in my new home in Portland, Maine. The roses are full of ocean air, and the memory of the lovely time at sunset when I gathered them with my partner. I combined the roses with raw Maine honey and brandy. Such wonderful and delicious medicine!

Roses have this wonderful affect on the heart. Rose petals seems to just melt tension that is held in the heart chakra as well as the lower belly/reproductive area. The chakra in the low belly is the center of where we connect to our emotions. Rose is a powerful spirit medicine. An elixir (an herbal extraction prepared with brandy and honey or other sweetener) with rose creates a wonderfully nourishing medicine that feeds the heart space and source of our emotional lives. It's wonderful medicine to encourage self love, heart healing, and connection to our emotions.

Rose has many physically healing properties. Rose helps alleviate congestion, fights infection, benefits the kidneys, improves circulation, increases naturally occurring bacteria in the gut, and is helpful against diarrhea. It is mildly detoxing and helpful to the liver. Taking rose will also have a relaxing and uplifting effect. Overall, excellent medicine!

Taking rose elixir is a wonderful and tasty way to introduce some sweetness back into your life. The aroma creeps up from the bottle and there is this awesome subtle, but full taste of roses! It is very comforting, as if someone wrapped a cozy blanket around your heart. Taking a dropper full of this elixir feels much like providing deep and nourishing food to your heart. I can't wait to share this awesome medicine!

Contact me at underroothealing@gmail.com if you are interesting in receiving a bottle! $10 for an ounce bottle, or let's chat about bartering! I could mail it to you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment